Sunday, April 19, 2009

RUMOURS REJOINDERS

RUMOURS REJOINDERS


Dear BOBBY,
There was a time created a lot of magic at the box-office. But we haven't seen you delivering a blockbuster in a really long time now. You were last seen in 'Dostana' but you can't even call it your hit. Why have you sunddenly become so low -key? Is it because of the fierce competition you face these days?
Anuradha Gupta (Indore)

BOBBY DEOL: It's nothing like that. I comfortable with. That's always been my stance. I have never been meblowing my own trumpet. The one film I'm most excited about right now is the one starring my father and I. It's an amazing story directed by Sangeeth Sivan. But Sangeeth met with some accident and the schedule was postponed a bit. We'll start when he's fully recovered.



Dear AMISHA,
Your carre hasn't been doing too will in the Hindi film industry of late. Is that the reason you've decided to shift down South? Do you think that's a wise decision since actresses from there (like Asin) are coming to Bollywood instead? Why the panic? Is it because you're all set to tie the knot with your boyfriend Kanav Puri?
Akil Jani (Mumbai)

AMISHA PATEL: I have done only one Telugu film. Besides, I would like to add that the Telugn film industry
is far more organised. The films are shot in rapid schedules and it's a great professional enviroment. Plus they make pots of money. I'm quite happy doing a oneodd film down South and keep going. As for marriage, it's not happening now we'll certainly get married in the near future.



Dear SHREYAS,

I like your work and have nearly seen all your movies. Recently, I saw 'Dil, Dosti Etc.' on DVD and was wondering what made a shy actor like you do a kissing scene in the film? Haven't you always preferred family-oriented roles? The I read somewhere on the Internet that you were extremely nervous while shooting the scene. Would you be doing more intimate scenes in the future?
Shekhar Narayan (Bangalore)

SHREYAS TALPADE: I have done a kissing scene in 'Bombay to Bangkok' as well. It was just a scene and was an important part the film; besides it was shot aesthetically by Nagesh Kukunoor. I was nervous while doing the scene and we had eight retakes. My wife understands there is nothing personal attached to the scene and we are only being professional in doing so. Even if we don't want to do such scenes, we end up doing them as they are a part of our profession. Also if the script genuinely demands such scenes and the director shoots the scene properly, I see no reason to say no.



Dear ADHYAYAN,
After 'Raaz-The Mystery Continues', you seem to have become Mahesh Bhatt's new blue-eyed-boy. He's now given you a solorelease in the form of 'Jashan' too. Where does that leave his old favourite Emraan Hashmi? Is this the real reason behind the growing tension between you and Emraan?
Shruti Vyas (Banglore)

ADHYAYAN SUMAN: Mahesh Bhatt has just given a statement to someone that Adhyayan Suman is not just a gem; he's a national treasure as an actor. And that is the biggest compliment someone gets from a person of his calibre. If I keep saying this in print, then people will expect a lot from you. I don't want anything like this because I want to be grounded in life and not be led away. The more I am told that I am doing well, the more I work harder.




Dear JOHN,

I always thought you were very secure about Bipasha. That's why I was shocked when I read somewhere that you ended your friendship with cricketer MS Dhoni because you suspected he was getting too close to her for comfort. You and Bipasha have been together for so long? If not Dhoni, don't you trust your girlfriend at least?
Diwakar Rao (Pune)

JOHN ABRAHAM : This is the funniest bit of news I've heard in of long time. Dhoni in is a very dear friend and will continue to remain one. Where have you been reading all this? Bipasha and me share a very honest relationship; we'll never hurt each other because we respect each other. Don't believe every thing you read.




Dear AURAG
I have always liked your vision for cinema and I also feel that you are one of the most underrated directors of our times. But none of your films are commercial successes. Isn't that also the reason why your upcoming film 'Gulaal' has been in production for a long time? One hears that nobody wanted to buy film at one time. You finally got lucky only recently. Comment
Dhiraj Singh (Chennai)

AURAG KASHYAP: I had gone into depression but I have learnt a lot. 'Gulaal' was written with a lot of anger against the system. It's set in a fictional town in Rajasthan. It's not set in the past, not in future and not even the present. I wanted a new cast for 'Gulaal'. It took six to seven years to find money and finish the the film. Jesse Randhwa and kay kay Menon are in it. I didn't want people to think that after the 'No Smoking' debacle, I was trying to stick to the notions of commercial cinema. I am extremely proud of 'No Smoking' and I wanted to make it and I got a lot of international support. I don't give a damn about the notions of what a cinema should be like. I also want my films to work and make profit. I am happy with recession because the stress will be now on quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment