Saturday, April 25, 2009

SOUTHERN SONATATHE SIRENS WHO CAME FROM

SOUTHERN SONATA
THE SIRENS WHO CAME FROM


THE SOUTH OF THE VINDHYAS
AND SIZZLED IN MUMBAI

We hear you've been throwing tantrums on the sets of London Dreams.
That you had designers and make-up artists replaced. What's the story?

Well, maybe you should ask Vipul Shah, the producer of the film. He makes all the decisions on the sets. He wanted a look tested and hired the people. I am totally a director's actress. I listen to whatever my team tells me. Please, I wouldn't dream of throwing such tantrums. That's not my style

How did movies influence your life as a child?

Strangely, I don't remember watching any movies when I was a kid. My family is very academically oriented and no one in my family has ever had anything to do with films. I used to watch th really popular ones that released down South like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.

Any favourites among actors?
I really like Mammothy and Mohanlal. I've been their fan forever. But sadly I haven't worked with either of them yet. I remember a felicitation ceremony for Mammootty when I was in school. I hosted the event. I was so thrilled to see him in flesh and blood.

Is it true that your asking figure is Rs 75 lakh per film?

(Smiles serenely) That's a very wrong figure but I don't want to discuss money.

One thing you miss about living in Chennai?

I really miss my friends. I am yet to make some in Mumbai. But the good thing is I am not the homesick sort. I adapt very well to my surroundings.

We see a lot of your dad, he accompanies you everywhere. What about your mom?
My mom prefers to keep a low profile.










No comments:

Post a Comment